Are you interested in defining and shaping the future of MLOps? We are looking for a skilled VP of Engineering to support our fast-growing startup, funded by leading VCs, and help us tackle a broad range of technical matters.
Who are we:
Latent AI is a technology spinout from SRI Intl, based on years of DARPA research. Latent AI takes the hard work out of embedding complex AI models into hardware so developers can speed the time to market. With our Adaptive AI™ technology, which is framework, OS, architecture, and hardware agnostic, we transform the way developers train AI for the edge enabling rapid AI deployment to lean edge devices at scale.
What we are looking for:
As VP of Engineering at Latent AI, you will inspire, lead, and grow an organization of creative and talented AI and Software engineering professionals. You have delivered one or more complex software products to market. You are the quintessential player-coach type of technical leader who is passionate about mentoring and developing our young engineering talent. You’ll bring your operational leadership, technical expertise, and proven people development skills to bear on strategic decisions about our technical ecosystem, product roadmap, and engineering culture. You will bring deep expertise in implementing development processes to drive team execution and meet business goals. You will be a key member of the Product leadership team.
- Leading the team through management and mentorship
- Manage all aspects of recruiting new team members.
- Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent
- Preparing and optimizing development schedules and budgets
- Recommending technological developments and improvements on operational efficiency
- Developing the team to ensure shipping quality end products
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- Minimum 10 years of experience in distributed software design and development
- Minimum 5 years in a supervisory or technical management role
- Strong organizational leadership skills. Highly motivated, growth-oriented.
- Extensive experience to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams
- Experience in evaluating/hiring engineers and contributors
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms
- In-depth experience in building robust distributed systems.
- Knowledge of AI & ML frameworks and algorithms
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends around AI & ML
- Relocate or willing to commute to our R&D Center in Princeton, NJ on a regular basis
- Must have experience with driving an agile methodology across a development team
- Must have successfully shipped a commercial software product or service
- Must have the ability to work in a startup environment with distributed development teams
Full Time (intern)
Princeton, New Jersey
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.
Latent AI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Looking for a Different Position?
We’re growing quickly and we’re always looking for great talent. If this job doesn’t sound like the right fit, feel free to send us your resume along with the type of position you are looking for to [email protected] We’ll look forward to hearing from you!
If you’re interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] and include the job title in the subject line. Thank you!